Internal dns server changed between RC2 & 4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Mon Oct 15 15:46:28 MDT 2012

On 15/10/12 20:56, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-10-15 21:48, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> Hm, I think we got rid of the DNS special user for RC1, but I seem to
>>> remember Jelmer added back the code that adds it to some of the upgrade
>>> scripts. Did you run any?
>> No I didn't, I just provisioned as normal, but there is a user at
>> CN=dns-adserver,CN=Users,DC=home,DC=lan. Should I remover this user or
>> can I just ignore it?
> Ah, it's a new provision. That's relevant information. Try removing that
> user. It's been causing trouble for me in the past.

dns user removed

>> All the dns tests from the howto work as written. I added the reverse
>> zone via samba-tool:
>> samba-tool dns zonecreate 192.168.0.10 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa -U
>> Administrator
> Ah, did you restart samba after that? Currently the dnsserver (the RPC
> part that samba-tool dns talks to) doesn't thell the dns server that the
> zone list has changed, but the list is read at startup.

No, I didn't, but I have now, the script is now failing on both trying
to add to forward zone & to the reverse zone, I just get:
dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable

I come back to my original question, why is the TKEY acceptable to RC2
but not to  4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808

I have tried to use wireshark to get the info required, but cannot seem
to find the right filter and if I don't  use a filter, there doesn't
seem to be anything in the capture about dhcp, my script, nsupdate or
the name server.
>> I then added the reverse record for the server:
> Cheers,
> Kai

Thanks again

Rowland