Internal dns server changed between RC2 & 4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 13:56:23 MDT 2012

On 2012-10-15 21:48, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 15/10/12 20:19, Kai Blin wrote:
>> On 2012-10-15 19:21, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>
>>> It is one I found on the internet and altered to fit my needs, as I said
>>> it works on RC2 but now will not work on pre1.
>>> basically the script is run by dhcp from dhcpd.conf, it checks a
>>> kerberos keytab then runs nsupdate to first delete the pc's nameserver
>>> record (if there is one) then adds it into to the required zone. The
>>> script then checks to see if the record now exists.
>> Hm, I think we got rid of the DNS special user for RC1, but I seem to
>> remember Jelmer added back the code that adds it to some of the upgrade
>> scripts. Did you run any?
>
> No I didn't, I just provisioned as normal, but there is a user at
> CN=dns-adserver,CN=Users,DC=home,DC=lan. Should I remover this user or
> can I just ignore it?

Ah, it's a new provision. That's relevant information. Try removing that
user. It's been causing trouble for me in the past.

> All the dns tests from the howto work as written. I added the reverse
> zone via samba-tool:
> samba-tool dns zonecreate 192.168.0.10 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa -U
> Administrator

Ah, did you restart samba after that? Currently the dnsserver (the RPC
part that samba-tool dns talks to) doesn't thell the dns server that the
zone list has changed, but the list is read at startup.

> I then added the reverse record for the server:

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin