Delegation of permissions

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Oct 10 23:30:46 MDT 2012

Hi Marc,
On 10/10/2012 06:51 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 10.10.2012 15:28, schrieb Lukasz Zalewski:
>> We have successfully delegated the privileges to our computers OU (by
>> allowing
>> creation of Computer objects) and new machines join without any
>> problems.
>> Similarly we delegated the password change privilege to our users OU.
>
> Ok. This is good to know. What version are you using? I migrated from
> s3 to beta4 and upgraded to rc1 and last night to rc2.
>
> I configured the delegation with ADUC. For computer accounts creation
> I followed this guide:
> http://robiulislam.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/delegate-non-admin-account-to-add-workstations-to-domain/

So most of the creation is ok, it's just the modification of the
hostname that is failing, I suspect that inheritance is not set. It
might be a bug in the wizard tool or in the way we interpret the
commands from the wizard tool.

Captures with keytab of the ldap exchange would be great (but beware
your keytab gives us all your passwords ....)

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team