error with configuring subdomain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 9 01:17:45 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 09:59 +0300, Sergey Leschenko wrote:
> In my company about 50 branches across the country. I need to split them
> into subdomains.

The very large companies I've seen using AD seem to choose to have a
single domain, possibly with multiple organisational units to help give
the directory structure.  This allows staff to move between branches
while keeping the same account, and matches the security boundary (which
is the forest, not the domain) and is in many ways more manageable then
the complexity of the forest trusts.

However, if you insist, then you can't do this with Samba4.

> Can I somehow get the replication from Samba4 to an external LDAP server
> (such as Openldap or FDS)?

If they can replicate from AD using dirsync, they may be able to
replicate from Samba4, but this is something you will need to find out
for yourself.  I'm not sure how this will help you.