Experience with migration from samba3 to samba4 and ovirt tests

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:28:01 MST 2012

On 14/11/12 12:56, Alejandro wrote:
> I build this patch for samba4rc5, the changes are:
> A new option in samba-tool domain classicupgrade (--add-upn)
> A new subcommand in samba-tool user (setupn)
> A new option in samba-tool user create (--upn=UPN)

Hi Alejandro,

Currently the setupn subcommand will remove the upn if no arguments are
provided. This could be quite dangerous: consider the following (however
improbable) scenario:
User fails to define the argument and the command wipes off the upn (if
its run as a batch job it could wipe off upn's off of multiple accounts).

I think it would be better to provide separate add, delete and list
subcommands within upn submenu (in a similar fashion to existing
samba-tool spn command).

Also given that samba-tool user create automatically generates upn for
new users maybe the migration script should do the same?

You also need to add torture tests for the new functionality (in similar
fashion to other samba-tool commands)

Regards