Experience with migration from samba3 to samba4 and ovirt tests

Alejandro aescanero at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:24:00 MST 2012

2012/11/15 Lukasz Zalewski <lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk>

> On 14/11/12 12:56, Alejandro wrote:
>
>> I build this patch for samba4rc5, the changes are:
>> A new option in samba-tool domain classicupgrade (--add-upn)
>> A new subcommand in samba-tool user (setupn)
>> A new option in samba-tool user create (--upn=UPN)
>>

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> Currently the setupn subcommand will remove the upn if no arguments are
> provided. This could be quite dangerous: consider the following (however
> improbable) scenario:
> User fails to define the argument and the command wipes off the upn (if
> its run as a batch job it could wipe off upn's off of multiple accounts).
>
> I think it would be better to provide separate add, delete and list
> subcommands within upn submenu (in a similar fashion to existing samba-tool
> spn command).

I prefer to use a "samba-tool user upn add|delete|list" command in place of
"samba-tool spn" because samba-tool user has options -H and -filter , the
spn only use ldb, no remote access.

> Also given that samba-tool user create automatically generates upn for new
> users maybe the migration script should do the same?

See  "samba-tool domain classicupgrade (--add-upn)" --add-upn is a optional
switch to add the UPN to each migrate user.

> You also need to add torture tests for the new functionality (in similar
> fashion to other samba-tool commands)

Really I need some time to understand how torture works

> Regards

Thanks for all

--
Alejandro Escanero Blanco
Consultor de sistemas basados en fuentes abiertas
Jabber: blainett at jabberes.com