about -Wstack-protector

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Nov 11 14:46:02 MST 2012

Hello Bjorn,

in change e6643fbf you added a search for -Wstack-protector.
I'm not sure that lib/replace/wscript is the place for this kind of
tests, also it would have been nice not to mess tabs and space, we tend
to use only space for indentation in python script.

What's more important is that if you want the warning to be effective
you need to enable -fstack-protector, for instance on my linux 12.04
ubuntu it's not but on my mac mini it's on.

And last but not least having warnings about the stack protector not
being setup is good but in the same time it generates a lot of new
warnings, maybe we should fix the existing ones before ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team