Questions about ACLs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu May 31 02:08:22 MDT 2012

On 05/29/2012 07:26 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Can I get the user-/groupnames back by letting nss_ldap connect to the
> samba LDAP?
>

> Regards,
> Marc
Hi Marc
We can't get nss_ldap nor nss_winbind to send the information we need.
Both seem dated and slow in how they extract the information.
nss_pam_ldapd (libnss-ldapd in Debian) can however look into AD and
return the correct information. The m$ schema used in s4 allows
everything in rfc2307. You can have uid, gid and unixHomeDirectory. . .
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/p/s4bind.html
Cheers,
Steve