Samba4 s3fs: Can not use vfs_posix_eadb without posix:eadb set

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 25 02:16:02 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 09:50 +0200, steve wrote:
> Hi everyone
>

> I have a share like this:
> [reports]
>          path = /data/reports
>          read only = No
>          vfs objects = posix_eadb
>
> How do I set
>   posix:eadb

You should not use this parameter outside testing.  the posix_eadb
module and posix:eadb is for systems that have no working file system
xattr access.  You need to fix that.

> and get rid of this:
> /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: Unknown parameter encountered:
> "vfs objects"

Just ignore it for now.  We have two different loadparm systems, which
two different sets of allowed options.  We will eventually get them
merged.  This is listed as a known issue in the WHATSNEW