Success story with patch: Samba4 on FreeBSD - one year in production

Andriy Syrovenko andriys at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:01:12 MDT 2012

Hi,

Please find attached the first part of the revised patch. It addresses
the issue with some dependencies being installed in /usr/local and
eliminates the dependency on the external uuid library.

It turned out that from all the external dependencies, location of
only two packages needs to be specified explicitly. These are iconv
and gettext, so I added the '--with-gettext' option (in addition to
the already existing '--with-libiconv') and defaulted it to
/usr/local. Other packages are being found through pkg-config, except
openldap-client which anyway magically gets located in /usr/local (and
I don't really understand how it's done).

If this patch is acceptable, then I'll look into the remaining part
which is moving the extattr-related code in
source3/lib/system.c to lib/replace.

Best regards,
Andrey.