Welcome to the "samba-technical" mailing list

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Wed May 23 21:32:03 MDT 2012

Hello

I joined a DC with Samba4 alpha20 to existent domain following the step provided in http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC because a I need migrate the contents of Windows 2k8 DC to Samba4.
After waiting a time I ran samba_upgradedns scripts to create the DNS structure similar like did the provision script; the results are fine, but I was watching in DNS Manager (one of tools provide by Windows) that the information about Forward lookup zone, specifically uclv2.cu is not the same, for example in Windows DC have is declared a zone SOA and in Samba4 DC not.

My questions: Is necessary create a SOA zone for bind9 and is normal that the records not showed in the server with Samba when is joined to Windows domain??

Regards, Carlos

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Vis?tenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu