Introduce system MIT krb5 build with --with-system-mitkrb5 option.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 23 19:10:11 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 18:47 +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> commit 2ddf89a2bc3c00b71dec230f071416e594f89113
> Author: Alexander Bokovoy <ab at samba.org>
> Date:   Mon May 21 12:45:12 2012 +0300
>
>     Introduce system MIT krb5 build with --with-system-mitkrb5 option.
>     System MIT krb5 build also enabled by specifying --without-ad-dc
>
>     When --with-system-mitkrb5 (or --withou-ad-dc) option is passed to top level
>     configure in WAF build we are trying to detect and use system-wide MIT krb5
>     libraries. As result, Samba 4 DC functionality will be disabled due to the fact
>     that it is currently impossible to implement embedded KDC server with MIT krb5.
>
>     Thus, --with-system-mitkrb5/--without-ad-dc build will only produce
>       * Samba 4 client libraries and their Python bindings
>       * Samba 3 server (smbd, nmbd, winbindd from source3/)
>       * Samba 3 client libraries
>
>     In addition, Samba 4 DC server-specific tests will not be compiled into smbtorture.
>     This in particular affects spoolss_win, spoolss_notify, and remote_pac rpc tests.

Alexander, Simo, Andreas, Günther (and anybody else I've forgotten),

This is an incredible achievement.  You have my heartiest
congratulations on both your patience, cooperation and great the
technical craftsmanship you have demonstrated in this monumental effort.

Having a single build system that accommodates the vast majority of the
users of Samba, be they distributors, OEMs building NAS appliances or
our increasing number of AD deployments is really important.  It has
been a pleasure to work with you on this effort.

Thanks,