[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 18 12:20:25 MDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 02:15:26PM -0400, simo wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 20:09 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > A revert is a serious matter.
> >
> > Sorry, but this case is different. It was *MY* code that I
> > posted completely prematurely. I claim the right to revert
> > them when they cause problems for other developers.
>
> If another developer has actual issues you'll have no problem getting
> his ack before pushing the revert.

Indeed - that is the point. Once code is out there, and
someone else has gone through the work of evaluating and
deciding it's a significant improvement (which this code
*IS* btw - but I know you know that :-) then you can't
just arbitrarily revert and take it back.

It's not working within a Team to do so.

Ok, you feel you posted it prematurely, sorry about
that. But once it's reviewed and pushed common courtesy
says you should consult with others before reverting.

It simply isn't your code anymore at that point, it's
project code.

Jeremy.