Success: Samba4 alpha20 on Ubuntu Precise + Install script

David Feurle david.feurle at sodgeit.de
Mon May 14 07:19:39 MDT 2012

Hi at all,

as suggested by the samba4 howto
(http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO) I wanted to report my
success of running samba4 alpha 20 on Ubuntu precise server. I got
everything up and running. I can login to the machine using domain users
(pam), dns is working with bind9.8 and I have a full blown AD-server .

I documented the whole process of configuration/installation in a script
and a blog entry.
So if you want to see what I've done (wrong?) take a look at it on
http://spore.sodgeit.de/sporeblog-samba4EN.html .

Thanks for all your efforts on samba(4)!

Best regards,

David Feurle