Status of vfs_onefs

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat May 12 02:38:22 MDT 2012

Hi Steven,
hi Tim,

We're currently trying separate the layers within smbd,
which means we introduce new structures (currently only
for the smb1/2/3 layer). But it means we'll remove some
parts from smbd_server_connection, user_struct, connection_struct
and files_struct.

As the vfs_onefs module can't be build without the onefs
headers, it's very hard to maintain that module.

I wonder what we should do with the vfs_onefs module,
it currently uses some global variables and
re-implements some of the core vfs_default_create_file code.

Should we just remove it in master?
We can always get it back from the git history.
Or we just ignore the files as they're not compiled
by default.

metze