Regarding SMB torture tool

Sathya C sathya.chinns at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:38:12 MDT 2012

Hi Team,

        My name is Sathya and I am working in SMB protocol testing. I am
looking for using SMB torture tool which is available with Samba4 package.

I have followed the steps in the below link but i dont see source4/bin
directory.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

Client : RedHat

I have followed the same procedure many times in the past and successfully
installed the samba4. But this time i tried with tar file, git, rsync
everything but it is not successful.

I see error at the end of "make install" as error 1. Since it is my company
owned machine, i cannot share the complete logs here.

Can you please help me to get this issue resolved and start using
SMBTorture?

Thanks,
Sathya