missing /usr/local/samba/private/dns

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:13:44 MDT 2012

Hi Greg,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Greg Dickie <greg at justaguy.ca> wrote:

> Sounds great. Totally ready to be the guinea pig, just let me know what
> you need. One small question though. Is the ultimate goal to use a
> builtin DNS server? I thought this bind9 implementation was pretty cool.
> Is it missing anything that's required?
>
> Thanks for the quick response guys,
> Greg

I have updated samba_upgradedns script now to handle upgrading dns
provision even after domain join. The new code is in my dns-wip
branch.

  git://git.samba.org/amitay/samba.git

You can run samba_upgradedns multiple times without any side effects.
Let me know if that works for you.

The ultimate goal is to use built-in dns server, so that samba does
not have to depend on external programs (BIND) for running. For time
being, BIND9 option is supported till built-in dns server becomes
fully operational.

Amitay.