Dependencies for Samba 4 Python modules

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Mar 6 08:46:46 MST 2012

Am 06/03/12 16:42, schrieb Torsten Kurbad:
> Hi Jelmer,
>
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 01:19:29 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij<jelmer at samba.org>
> wrote:
>>> More precisely, I configured
>>>
>>> --with-modulesdir=/usr/lib[64]
>> I don't think it's the modules dir that's related here. What rpath
>> related options are you specifying to configure?
> I configured with
> --disable-rpath and --disable-rpath-install
>
>> As far as I can tell this patch shouldn't be necessary, since the
>> dependencies you add are already there implicitly. For example, samdb
>> already depends on samdb-common so there shouldn't be a need to add
>> the latter too.
> Yeah, I suspected sth. like that. If the deps weren't sufficient, the
> code wouldn't even build, would it?
>
> So, what exactly would be the correct rpath options to specify during
> configure phase?
The options you are specifying are perfectly valid. You can avoid this
problem by not specifying --disable-rpath and --disable-rpath-install,
but then you'll end up using rpath. I'm not sure if that's what you
want; in Debian/Ubuntu we certainly don't want that :-)

It looks like there is a bug in wafsamba that causes it to not specify
sufficient -rpath flags for the private libraries when linking the
Python modules. I'm not really sure what's going on there, without
looking into it more closely.

If you don't have time to lookin into it either, it would be great if
you can file a bug against Samba 4 in our bugzilla.

Cheers,

Jelmer