[Samba] V4 - New Install - Missing Zone File

Jeremy Davis JDFire at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 18:07:07 MST 2012

Hi Amitay,

On 03/04/2012 05:25 PM, Amitay Isaacs wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> These are the same steps from Samba4 HOWTO.
>
> Assuming you have pulled the latest git and did make install with
> prefix /usr/local/samba,
>
> 1. Do a new provision
>
> # /usr/local/samba/sbin/provision \
>                    --realm=<realm>  \
>                    --domain=<domain>  \
>                    --adminpass=<password>  \
>                    --server-role="domain controller"
>
> 2. Add following line to the "options" statement of named.conf
>
>       tkey-gssapi-keytab "/usr/local/samba/private/dns.keytab";
>
> 3. Add following line to named.conf
>
>       include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";
>
> 4. (Re)Start named and make sure /etc/resolv.conf uses local nameserver.
>
> 5. Start samba
>
> You can test if secure dynamic updates are working or not, by executing
>
> # /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate --verbose
>
> If that works, then your DNS is set up correctly.
>
> Amitay.

I performed a complete reinstall on a brand new VM with fresh pull of
from git and got the same errors. It seems like something is going on
with bind 9.8.1 compiled from source maybe? Any other things I should
look at or try to get this to work? Once note I would like to add is
this server has two network interfaces on it. Could this maybe be
causing any issues? Thanks again for your help so far! :)

Regards,
Jeremy