Dependencies for Samba 4 Python modules

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Mar 5 17:19:29 MST 2012

Hi Torsten,

Am 27/02/12 13:10, schrieb Torsten Kurbad:
> while trying to build the latest GIT / Alpha18 of Samba 4 in a
> "distribution-friendly" way on Gentoo, I ran into some problems
> regarding the rpath entries of the Python C extensions included with
> Samba 4.
>
> More precisely, I configured
>
> --with-modulesdir=/usr/lib[64]
I don't think it's the modules dir that's related here. What rpath
related options are you specifying to configure?
> which places all the Samba modules in /usr/lib[64]/samba.
> Nonetheless, the rpath entry of several Python modules only
> contains /usr/lib[64], instead of /usr/lib[64]:/usr/lib[64]/samba.
>
> I've been able to resolve all these occurences by applying the attached
> patch. However, I don't know, which of these deps=... changes are really
> necessary.
>
> Could someone please have a look and decide, whether the necessary bits
> can be pushed to the tree, so they find their way into alpha19?
I've seen something similar for the Debian builds - there, I'm simply
forcing the rpath to include /usr/lib/samba because otherwise I miss
rpath references to that path.

As far as I can tell this patch shouldn't be necessary, since the
dependencies you add are already there implicitly. For example, samdb
already depends on samdb-common so there shouldn't be a need to add the
latter too.

Cheers,
Jelmer