SMB2/3 progress (master3-reauth)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 19 20:12:58 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 20:31 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've almost finished fixing up our master3-reauth branch
> which contains the change to smbXsrv_session* and smbXsrv_tcon*
>
> See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB2
>
> There're still some minor things to do
> and I'll do some more testing and reviewing this week.
>
> But I think it's likely that I'd be happy to push this to master
> later this week.
>
> https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-reauth
> This branch implements re-authentication, handling of the previous
> session id
> and SMB 2.24/3.00 signing. It also changes the default for "server max
> protocol" to
> SMB3 (SMB3_00).
>
> Comments please.

There is certainly some impressive work in there.  Thinking of the
future, with changes like this:

s3:smb2_sesssetup: make use of gensec_update_send/recv
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=10b43b1b3f31658eacf9bb8b3f19509e2163d957

It would be worthwhile thinking about doing the same up the auth stack
for NTLMSSP -> ntlm.  The key would be to use an async method to talk to
winbindd, like (but probably not exactly) irpc.