SMB2/3 progress (master3-reauth)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Jun 11 12:31:45 MDT 2012

Hi,

I've almost finished fixing up our master3-reauth branch
which contains the change to smbXsrv_session* and smbXsrv_tcon*

See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB2

There're still some minor things to do
and I'll do some more testing and reviewing this week.

But I think it's likely that I'd be happy to push this to master
later this week.

https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-reauth
This branch implements re-authentication, handling of the previous
session id
and SMB 2.24/3.00 signing. It also changes the default for "server max
protocol" to
SMB3 (SMB3_00).

Comments please.

metze

BTW: the smbXsrv_open stuff and the durable handle work can be found in
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-durable
which will be hopefully ready for master in the following weeks.