Samba4 BDC with Samba4 PDC

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Thu Jun 7 00:12:12 MDT 2012

On 2012-06-06 19:55, Mike Howard wrote:

> Hi Kai,
>
> My system(s) is(are) fine. If I have specific issues, I always, where
> possible, test on a different system and the dns server did the same on
> an x86_64 system.

And you reliably manage to get Samba stuck in a way where you need to
reboot to be able to get DNS working again? As I said, I'd expect a
restart of the "samba" process to be sufficient (you might need to kill
all the running samba processes if they don't exit cleanly).

> With regards to specific patterns, actually, there was one scenario when
> it always seemed to fail and that was when I was using 'apt-mirror'
> manually (as opposed to from cron) to mirror debian security updates
> (plus others). No idea why that would be.

Ok, that does seem like asking the external forwarder might be
triggering that. Volker recently made that code much more resilient. You
might want to just give this another try.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin