classicupgrade fails with: PANIC: No talloc stackframe

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 19 07:11:19 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 15:07 +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to write the patch I've mentioned on an other tread
> (https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-July/085593.html)
> I've discovered, that now classicupgrade fails (even the one without my
> patches):
>
> samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=./tmp/samba_tdb/
> --use-xattrs=yes  --realm=KZSDABAS.HU ./tmp/smb.conf.regno talloc
> stackframe at ../source3/param/loadparm.c:6709, leaking memory
> PANIC: No talloc stackframe
>
> Running it under valgrind (valgrind  --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes -v
> python /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain classicupgrade
> --dbdir=./tmp/samba_tdb/ --use-xattrs=yes --realm=KZSDABAS.HU
> ./tmp/smb.conf.reg) gives the attached file.
>

> Sorry had to remove the attachement, it was to big (even for pastebin).

If you compile with --enable-debug rather than --enable-developer this
will go away, but you need to mail rusty (CC'ed) and me the gdb/valgrind
output and we can sort it out.

This is a new check, to catch abuse of talloc_tos().

The purpose of this check is to find these leaks, rather than leak
memory.