Samba4: idmap replication between 2 DC's

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Wed Jul 11 13:23:03 MDT 2012

> Hi
> Is it possible to get idmap.ldb replicated across 2 DC's as well as
> the directory partitions?
>
> I make changes to id mappings for our Linux users. This is not a
> problem with NFS, but becomes an issue when Linux users are working on
> cifs mounted shares. The uidNumber issued by DC2 is not the same as
> the uidNumber issued by DC1.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
Hi Steve,

If you put
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
in your smb.conf then setting the uids gids in AD will guarantee that
they are the same across your samba4/s3fs servers, because then they
will get that from AD instead of their private idmap (with a fail-back
to idmap, if the entry has no uid/gid set).

Regards

Geza