Error - FreeBSD 9.0 Won't compile

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jan 25 14:50:50 MST 2012

On 26/01/2012, at 00:40, <tms3 at tms3.com> <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:

>> ./configure.developer --prefix=/usr/local/samba4 --without-utmp --disable-cups; make clean; make
>>
>> Throws a similar error
>>
>> [3395/3875] Linking default/lib/libsamba-sockets.so
>> default/lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers_1.o: In function `tdgram_sendto_queue_send':
>> /root/samba-master/bin/../lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers.c:74: undefined reference to `tevent_queue_add_optimize_empty'
>> default/lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers_1.o: In function `tstream_readv_pdu_queue_send':
>> /root/samba-master/bin/../lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers.c:350: undefined reference to `tevent_queue_add_optimize_empty'
>> default/lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers_1.o: In function `tstream_writev_queue_send':
>> /root/samba-master/bin/../lib/tsocket/tsocket_helpers.c:461: undefined reference to `tevent_queue_add_optimize_empty'
>> Waf: Leaving directory `/root/samba-master/bin'
>
> That looks familiar, but I don't have a machine to test on...Do you have tdb or talloc installed from ports? Uninstall if you do. (talloc-2.0.7, tdb-1.2.9,1)

You were correct. I have removed these ports and will get back to you shortly about how the build goes

For those who are following and want to know how to remove these

Run pkg_info | less to find the ports. Then run

pkg_delete tdb-1.2.9,1
pkg_delete tevent-0.9.13
pkg_delete talloc-2.0.7

Sincerely,

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3C0AC6DAB2F928A2