Samba4 DNS Updates - Linux Clients - Is it possible?

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:19:48 MST 2012

On 18 January 2012 17:16, Mike Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
>> In fact, I've just had a frightening thought. I'm showing my ignorance
>> here but, do I actually need Samba DNS updates at all? With a DHCP server
>> setup, Bind9 server setup and dynamic updates working flawlessly (they were
>> before I deployed Samba4), why am I worrying about samba4 at all. Appologies
>> for my public ramblings but I seem to

If it was working perfectly for you before deploying Samba4, then I
don't think there's any downside to doing the same way now.  You might
need to deny dynamic DNS updates from the clients and just allow them
from the DHCP server, though.

> Should read;
>
> ...... worrying about samba4, from a DNS updates point of view, .........

I gathered that from the context :)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>