gpfs_gpl.h necessary for gpfs vfs module

Christian Ambach ambi at samba.org
Thu Aug 30 05:34:23 MDT 2012

On 08/21/2012 12:25 PM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Probably legally it would be possible. However, I am not
> 100% certain that GPFS actually sticks to an ABI that is
> coded in the header files forever. Have you contacted GPFS
> about this?

GPFS header files (and the definitions in them) can change between major
GPFS releases and even across PTFs. So it is some kind of impossible to
include the "correct" header files in the Samba tree.

You should always recompile Samba after updating GPFS to a newer PTF or
major release to make sure Samba uses the correct definitions.

Cheers,
Christian