gpfs_gpl.h necessary for gpfs vfs module

Tue Aug 21 04:25:38 MDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:18:44AM +0200, Kenneth Waegeman wrote:
> When samba is built without GPFS on the system, the GPFS VFS module
> will not be built. However, only the GPFS GPL header files are
> necessary for building the module.
> Is it possible to ship the GPFS GPL header files with Samba ? The files are
> gpfs_gpl.h and the included gpfs_lweTypes.h .

Probably legally it would be possible. However, I am not
100% certain that GPFS actually sticks to an ABI that is
coded in the header files forever. Have you contacted GPFS
about this?

With best regards,

VOlker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de