Releasing Samba 4.0 RC1?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 17 04:48:14 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 08:27 -0300, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> First my apologies as I know this threat is not for users, but I just
> wanted to add an "outside" point of view.
>
> You are doing a great job with samba4 and us, the users, are eager to
> use it in our production environments, but I think that you shouldn't
> rush to the RC before having fixed some mayor (at my point of view)
> features as many users will be encouraged to get samba running and they
> may disappoint after having issues or even corruption of their
> production environments.

Are you aware of any issues that have actually caused corruption of a
production environment?

I certainly am aware of the issues folks had around DNS replication, but
there are now guards to prevent those issues re-occurring.

I know you have had challenges with your installation conflicting with a
system ldb.  Did you get that resolved?