samba_dnsupgrade

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:22:06 MDT 2012

On 04/12/2012 01:08 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Am 12/04/12 19:00, schrieb Aaron E.:
>> I'm working of the current post "redundant DNS setup with bind_dlz
>> possible"
>>
>> When I try to run samba_upgradedns I recieve the following error..
>>
>> root at adc2--/opt/samba4/private\>>  samba_upgradedns
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/opt/samba4/sbin/samba_upgradedns", line 31, in<module>
>>      import ldb
>> ImportError: No module named ldb
>>
>> I've added /opt/samba4/lib/ldb and /opt/samba4/lib/private to ldconfig
>> but this still did not change anything.. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>>
> It sounds like you don't have the ldb Python module in your standard
> python path.
>
> Did you move your files after installation? We should be tring to update
> all scripts to include the right python path during install.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer

Jelmer,
I did not move the files I just used --prefix=/opt/samba4/ as a
configure option.. All else should be defaults..

Justin,
I've checked in /opt/samba4/lib/python2.6/site-packages and all I have
is tevent.py. Then I checekd lib64 and it looks like thats is what Ill
need /opt/samba4/lib64/python2.6/site-packages  .. Do I also need the
subdirectory /opt/samba4/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba  in the path?

After exporting the proper path I now receive this error..

root at adc2--/opt/samba4/private\>> export
PYTHONPATH=/opt/samba4/lib64/python2.6/site-packages
root at adc2--/opt/samba4/private\>> samba_upgradedns
Reading domain information
Looking up IPv4 addresses
Looking up IPv6 addresses
DNS accounts already exist
No zone file /opt/samba4/private/dns/astrointernal.com.zone
DNS records will be automatically created
DNS partitions already exist
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/opt/samba4/sbin/samba_upgradedns", line 406, in <module>
     "msDS-hasMasterNCs")
_ldb.LdbError: (1, 'Operations error')
root at adc2--/opt/samba4/private\>>