samba_dnsupgrade

Justin Foreman jforeman at dignitastech.com
Thu Apr 12 12:47:47 MDT 2012

On Apr 12, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Am 12/04/12 19:00, schrieb Aaron E.:
>> I'm working of the current post "redundant DNS setup with bind_dlz
>> possible"
>>
>> When I try to run samba_upgradedns I recieve the following error..
>>
>> root at adc2--/opt/samba4/private\>> samba_upgradedns
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/opt/samba4/sbin/samba_upgradedns", line 31, in <module>
>>    import ldb
>> ImportError: No module named ldb
>>
>> I've added /opt/samba4/lib/ldb and /opt/samba4/lib/private to ldconfig
>> but this still did not change anything.. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>>
> It sounds like you don't have the ldb Python module in your standard
> python path.
>
> Did you move your files after installation? We should be tring to update
> all scripts to include the right python path during install.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer

Aaron,

I had the same issue. Updating ldconfig won't help because it's looking for python modules, not shared libraries.

You can work around this by setting the PYTHONPATH env variable, which in your case should probably be:
export PYTHONPATH=/opt/samba4/lib/python2.7/site-packages

--
Justin Foreman