reforcing samba's schema

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Apr 3 02:23:42 MDT 2012

Hello Micheal,

Following our talk about schema update, what I would do would be in
schema_data.c module (a ldb module mostly at the beginning of the module
list traversed by a ldb request) in function "schema_data_add" after
getting the oid from governId or attributeId, I would find the
dsdb_syntax for this kind of attribute (based on the oid) and check if
the about to be added attribute meet the requirement.
I would also automatically add attributes "oMSyntax", "oMObjectClass" if
not specified.

By checking the correctness before insterting and completing the ones
that aren't and that MS AD autocomplete we should gain a better
extendable schema.

Note: in a related thread Andrew indicate that maybe the changes should
be done in samldb.c module.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou