Zarafa / Samba4 / ADStool

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Apr 2 11:19:15 MDT 2012

Hello,

On 04/02/2012 09:11 AM, mailing wrote:
> Hey Ho,
>
> I test samba 4 and I have a question about the Zarafa integration. The
> tool zarafaads add the Zarafa schema only, right?
>
> The test run was not as good. The smb.conf was to "dsdb: schema update
> allowed = yes" expanded.
>
> Per instructions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285172) I have the
> privilege "Everyone - Full Control" as a test set.
>
> When I use the tool to install I get the following error message:
> "Unable to install zarafa schemas.
> Code: 6
> Error code: 8224 "
>
> Does anyone have this experience and can help me?
>

> Debian Sid
> Samba 4.0.0~alpha18.dfsg1-4
> Win 2003 R2 for Mangement
> Zarafa ADS Tool 7.0.5.31880
>

> here my /var/log/samba/log.samba
>
>    |  ldb: Unable to load modules for /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb:
>    dsdb_schema load failed: dsdb_load_ldb_results_into_schema: failed
>    to load attribute or class definition:
>
> CN=Zarafa-Send-As,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=ahrensburg,DC=gg-net,DC=de:WERR_DS_ATT_SCHEMA_REQ_SYNTAX
>    [2012/03/30 13:36:05,  0]
>    ../source4/smbd/service_task.c:35(task_server_terminate)
>       task_server_terminate: [ntp_signd failed to open samdb]
>    [2012/03/30 13:36:05,  0]
>    ../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:696(dsdb_attribute_from_ldb)
>       ../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:696: Unknown schema syntax
>    for zarafaSendAsPrivilege
>    [2012/03/30 13:36:05,  0]
>
> ../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:796(dsdb_load_ldb_results_into_schema)
>       ../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:796:
>    dsdb_load_ldb_results_into_schema: failed to load attribute or class
>    definition:
>
> CN=Zarafa-Send-As,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=ahrensburg,DC=gg-net,DC=de:WERR_DS_ATT_SCHEMA_REQ_SYNTAX|

Well basically it means that your schema is broken, it's because we
don't autogenerate some attribute or autogenerate them with wrong value,
that's a known limitation and that's why we have the dsdb:schema update
allowed =no by default.

The way to make it work is the following:

1) Load this schema in a MS AD
2) See oMSyntax and oMObjectClass attribute for each of the Zarafa
classes/attributes
3) Modify zarafa schema to add this attributes

You might want to have a look to this message:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-May/077537.html

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou