Win2K08 does not like the order in which we add inheritable ACEs in modules/vfs_acl_common.c:add_acl_inheritable_components

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:44:38 MDT 2012

On 3/31/12, Gerald Carter <jerry at plainjoe.org> wrote:
> On 3/31/2012 11:36 AM, Michael Adam wrote:
>> Jerry,
>>
>> I think you misread "inheritable" (i.e. the OBJECT_INHERIT or
>> CONTAINER_INHERIT ace flags) for "inherited" (the INHERITED_ACE flag).
>>> Hey Richard,
>>>
>>> Are you sure about that?
>>>
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961994.aspx
>
> Nichael,
>
> Ahh...ok.  The original statement wasn't clear if we were
> talking about OBJECT_INHERIT_ACE|CONTAINER_INHERIT_ACE or
> INHERITED_ACE (as you mentioned).
>
> In either case, sounds like you have the issue well in hand.

Having carefully read what that link Jerry provided says, I guess it
depends on the meaning of explicit :-)

The vfs_acl_common module code is adding three aces that look to me
like explicit ACEs, although they are marked inherit only. (as well as
CI and OI).

I was adding two ACEs, both with the inherited flag. One
interpretation of the document then is that the INHERITED ACEs should
come after those added by the vfs_acl_common code.

Can anyone comment further?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe