Ubuntu server - samba and our windows apps

Max Schofield - PVCC / IT max.schofield at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Wed Sep 28 22:48:59 MDT 2011

Currently we have a win7 parallels setup on our x-serve (in a separate
secured building) for some of our admin tools (ghost console, deep freeze
console and rsat).

We intend to bring those apps into our area for local admin. I need to know
a few things;

1.       Is it possible to run those apps on samba on a Ubuntu server
installation?

2.       If so, can you pint me in the right direction to get started - I
have installed Ubuntu desktop and many installs of Server 2003/8 so I don't
see problem there but my concern is how to run those apps in an AD
environment on the Ubuntu Server?

TIA for any and all advise,

        Max Schofield / PVCC-IT

        Computer Commons