Samba4 and NTLM_AUTH

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Sep 14 00:26:50 MDT 2011

On 2011-09-14 07:57, Ted Salmon wrote:

Hi Ted,

> Interesting. When I run ntlm_auth from the CLI, unless I'm doing something wrong, I get no output no matter what username/password I use:

Sure, that's quite possible. I've only ever tested the
--helper-protocol=ntlmssp-client-1 operation. That's a completely
different codepath than what you're using. As I said, I'm ready to
believe that the code path you need is broken. There's no unit test to
prove otherwise, and untested code is broken code. That's why there's so
much value in creating those tests.

Cheers,
Kai

--