Reduce build systems in master

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Sep 7 07:14:35 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 16:07 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 15:07 -0400, simo wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 21:44 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
> > > If I'm reading you correctly the solution for doing this is use
> > > the old autobuild system to do this ? If so that's fine too. I
> > > just need to know there's at least some way to do this.
> >
> > It's not ok for me.
> >
> > I need a few samba4 libs already and I need to use MIT.
>
> Simo,
>
> I'm a little confused as this patch does not change the kerberos library
> support in the top level build either way.  Are you just noting your
> hopes for a change in that in the future, or do you have a particular
> objection to the patch?

Sorry Andrew,
I should have been clearer, I am not opposed to the patch, just to the
statement that only source3 needs to link to MIT and that it will be
possible only if the old autoconf build is used.

I need to compile the whole thing (therefore will need to use the waf
build) and still use MIT for the file server and if at all possible for
all client libraries I can use it with.

I know this is not possible now. But this must be a goal (at least for
the file server) for many reasons.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce