documentation

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Sep 6 05:50:09 MDT 2011

On Tue 06 Sep 2011 01:33:22 PM CEST, Vaclav Klecanda wrote:
> Yes but this is the outdated web in my opinion.
You were asking for the wiki page with the documentation - this is it.
How is it outdated?

> E.g. the
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO. I would like to setup a
> new domain with provision but it says me ImportError: No module named
> ldb.
Did you install Samba 4 according to the HOWTO?What are you running
exactly that gives this error?
> When I grep the sources for ldb* I got some *.so lib but no
> python code.
The ldb python module is written in C - the ldb.so file is the right
one. However, you shouldn't have to provide a PYTHONPATH - Samba's
binaries should be doing that for you.
> It confuses me and I lack the step by step HOWTO updated.
> I also lack some kind of system in python code in samba. I supposed
> all the packages will be in the same subtree to be able to point with
> PYTHONPATH to. The tools that I used when I provisioned my domain some
> time ago no longer exists. It seems to me that there is no support to
> the users that already use some version of samba4 than this list.
> I think its more effective to spend some time with a wiki page that
> describe a particular tool and its usage than answer 100 question
> about it.
Samba 4's UI is still changing, so the tools that you used previously
may indeed have changed now or have a new name. I don't see how a
description of a particular tool would have helped here, what's the tool
you're trying to use?

Cheers,

Jelmer