hardcoded port 445

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Oct 31 14:11:16 MDT 2011

Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I will be using Samba4 to operate in client mode.  The tunneling is simple,
> set up with ssh.  E.g.:

Samba is not a client, it is a server.  The Samba project provides a client
library called libsmbclient.  Is that what you what you will be using?

> ssh -L 10000:192.168.5.6:445 remotehost
>
> My application will then connect to 127.0.0.1:10000 to manage the services
> (MSRPC svcctl) on Windows host 192.168.5.6. The reason I can't do
>
> ssh -L 445:192.168.5.6:445

I am not suggesting that you do so.

> are many: Samba may already be running on the local host, the user may not
> have permissions to listen on 445, and so on.
>
> I hope that is clear enough, please let me know otherwise!

I am trying to get a clearer picture of your configuration, but at this
point I am only guessing that you are trying to use the libsmbclient toolkit
to make the connection.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org