samba4 from BDC to PDC

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:26:04 MDT 2011

On 24 October 2011 19:01, Gémes Géza <geza at kzsdabas.hu> wrote:
[...]
>> So it seems that the reversed zone is present.
>> Doing a nslookup it gives the right hostname.domain.com but it won't
>> work with the direct zone.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>> Daniele.
>>
> Recently there was a tread about some updates for samba dlz module to
> allow dynamic ptr zones:
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-October/079834.html, so
> maybe you should try a recent git pull?

I think he's saying that the reverse DNS is working correctly, but the
forward DNS is not working.

Anyway, it looks like he has those patches already, since he's running
4.0.0alpha18-GIT-3ae478b.

If you're using the DLZ module, are you still supposed to run samba_dnsupdate?

Daniele, it looks like bind is not even trying to do anything with the
forward zone.  Maybe the forward zone is somehow not configured
properly in Samba.  I haven't tried setting this up, so I don't know
what might be wrong with it.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>