[REVIEW] Some patches for master - fix build without krb5-devel

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 24 19:34:05 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 07:31 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:14:01 PM Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> > 
> > > In my master-devel branch are some patches that I would like review on
> > > 
> > > I've tried to resolve the build issue for Samba4 on platforms without a
> > > system gssapi/gssapi.h,
> > 
> > I've pushed the smb_seal.h related patches to autobuild.
> Something (perhaps that change, but most likely:
> http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=7ebd4337acfeeb69ffbf615a0220d0d338705849)
> broke the external libraries ("openchange-style") build (where talloc isn't 
> internal to samba).
> [ 547/3777] Generating HEADER_libcli/util/core/doserr.h
> Waf: Leaving directory `/home/bradh-devel/openchange/samba-current/samba4/bin'
> Build failed: Unable to resolve header path 'lib/talloc/talloc.h' in public 
> header 'libcli/smb/read_smb.h' in directory libcli/smb
> make: *** [all] Error 1
> Error in samba4 make (error code 2)

I wonder why we didn't get an autobuild failure for this?  In any case,
my master-devel branch has a fix for this issue, and the next one you
would hit with tevent.

> > > and provide public headers for brad to use with
> > > OpenChange for creating and loading Samba modules.  In doing so I
> > > renamed the module loading fucntions to attempt to keep a sane public
> > > namespace.  I've also removed the unused smbiconv utility.
> I like the changes, and don't mind what the names are (although please don't 
> change them once its committed). I haven't tried an openchange build against 
> them though. I plan to do so in the next day or so.

I've changed the names per metze's suggestion.  The updated patch series
for review it at:


I tried to squash the renames together, but I couldn't get it into a
bisect-able series.  Note also that this changes the standard name for
Samba modules and the #define, so that everything is under the
SAMBA_MODULE or samba_module namespace.  Modules written for Samba 4.0
(including OpenChange) will need to use the new names.

I've also put an ABI on this library to ensure we don't break it again.

I've tried to also fix OpenChange, but as it compiled against my current
tree, I suspect I've not got something right (it should not compile, but
I was willing to supply fixes). 

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org

More information about the samba-technical mailing list