Fwd: Re: patch to improve documentation for samba-tool command --help

Theresa Halloran thallora at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 05:51:59 MDT 2011

Hi Jelmer and all,

Could you review the patch attached for updates to the --help?  I'd like
to start submitting patches with the actual doc text for improving
--help on samba-tool commands, but would like to be sure my approach for
adding the doc to the code is accepted.

In the patch below, I'm using __doc__ for the text of the help (the code
to handle was previously added).  I added a formatter subroutine that
preserves newlines in the doc since now some of the writeups are more
substantial and I'll need more than one paragraph.

I've also included the text for --help for samba-tool user create to see
if people think the scope of the information presented is ok (i.e. too
little, too much, more examples)....

Thanks,
Theresa