samba-tool user add name change to create patch

Theresa Halloran thallora at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 19 13:46:57 MDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 5:34 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On 10/17/2011 10:52 PM, Theresa Halloran wrote:
>> Find attached a patch to change the*samba-tool user add* command to
> *samba-tool user create*.
> This change seems reasonable to me. It might be useful to add a dummy
> command that warns users that "samba-tool user add" is deprecated and
> then calls out to "samba-tool user create". The documentation (wiki
> page) will also need to be updated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer
I attached a patch for the rename of "samba-tool user add" ->
"samba-tool user create".
I left "samba-tool user add" in the code (it now calls the create
function)...and if the user specified add instead of create, a message
is given.

This patch also includes updates to existing test cases.

I will update the wiki page when the patch is accepted.

Theresa