Fixing samba3upgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 18 17:05:27 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 15:16 -0400, Charles Tryon wrote:
> UPDATE:

> Going on the hint that the "libdir" isn't actually the Lib directory, I
> pointed it to my copied samba3 directory.  I added a "realm = USA.OM.ORG"
> parameter to the old smb.conf file, and removed my previous
> "/usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf file.

I'll change it to dbdir and document it as the location of all previous
Samba3 state files and databases.

> The results are much more encouraging, though still incomplete:

This looks quite simple to fix, we simply expected to find a wins.dat,
but your configuration wasn't a wins server.  We can cope with that
error.  Try the attached patches to fix all the issues you mentioned.