Samba4 KDC des enctypes?

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Fri Oct 14 16:43:07 MDT 2011

Hi,

In the process of testing out our organizations Openldap/Heimdal/Samba3
migration to Samba4 I've set up a domain and created a user called afs
with an spn of afs/cell at REALM for use with a test openafs cell. The
problem is that current versions of openafs require des enctypes and so
an allow_weak_crypto = true setting in the [kdc] section for Heimdal.
I've tried to use the same trick in /etc/krb.conf for samba4
(4.0.0alpha18-GIT-7a0b5d6) but it doesn't seem to work. Is it supposed
to read and apply that setting or there should be an other way to set it
up? The level 3 log of the failed ticket acquisition is attached.

Thanks for any idea!

Cheers

Geza