samba4 proper way to disjoin DC and rejoin as DC again?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:14:32 MDT 2011

Turns out that my remote DC's had outdated data that might have been
causing some of my issues.
So outdated and stuff that I desided to disjoin and rejoin them
I deleted all objects I could find in AD pointing to said boxes.
in AD users and Computes and in AD sites and services.
then I waited as my Windows 2003 DC cleaned up and dcdiag ran cleanly
now I am rejoining from my samba servers with
samba-tool domain join <domain name> DC -Uadministrator --realm=<domain name>
did I miss any steps or is this the correct way to rebuild my linux DCs