enhancing samba-tool tests questions

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 14:21:52 MDT 2011

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around any automated testing for
samba-tool. After poking around the tree a bit, and getting some
pointers from Theresa, I'm now assuming the tests, as they exist, are
the ones that live source4/utils/tests/test_samba_tool.sh which are
invoked by "make test TESTS=samba4.blackbox.samba_tool"

Are there any others I should be looking at?

The test_samba_tool.sh is very basic, just having the time command.
Enhancing that seems like it would be useful.

Also, with the test scripts, is there any reason these could not be done
in python as long as they comply to the same test program output?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center