--kerberos fix

Giampaolo Lauria lauria at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 08:14:40 MDT 2011

Hi Jelmer,

Thanks for your quick answers.

While looking at your fix, I noticed that the function to handle the
--kerberos option in class CredentialsOptionsDouble was not modified and
is still as:

def _set_kerberos2(self, option, opt_str, arg, parser):
        if bool(arg) or arg.lower() == "yes":
            self.creds2.set_kerberos_state(MUST_USE_KERBEROS)
        else:
            self.creds2.set_kerberos_state(DONT_USE_KERBEROS)

Do we want a different logic for this type or was it just an oversight?

In general, could someone explain to me the reason for having two
different classes for these options. It seems like the implementation is
the same for both classes w/ the exception of --ipaddress and the suffix 2
on pretty much all of its fcns and variables. Currently, one class derives
from the other, yet most of the code is duplicated.

I can make the necessary changes once I get your permission and
clarification as to what each class is trying to represent.

Thanks,
Giampaolo