upgrading samba4 gives samba3? or just confusion?

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Fri Oct 7 08:36:29 MDT 2011

7 okt 2011 kl. 15.46 skrev Michael Wood:

> Hi
>
> On 7 October 2011 13:58, Christian Huldt <christian at solvare.se> wrote:
>>
>> 7 okt 2011 kl. 12.42 skrev Michael Wood:

> I have seen no announcement of alpha18 being released.  Also, I don't
> see it here:
>
> http://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/samba4/
>
> or were you abbreviating the version number?

No, just mixing them up, current git claIms to be something close to Samba 4.0.0alpha18Developer

When current git didn't work I tried with alpha17.

> Well I don't know then.
>
> I've just done this:
>
> $ git reset --hard master
> $ git pull
> $ git clean -xdf
>
> I needed the "git clean" because I got link errors before doing this.
>
> $ ./configure.developer
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
> $ sudo source4/setup/provision --realm=samdom.example.com
> --domain=SAMDOM --adminpass=SOMEPASSWORD --server-role='domain
> controller'

I've updated before using just
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

without any problems (as I already had ad setup)

And samba choking on "server role" makes me think it's some kind of mixup with samba3?